– I have that Thou song stuck in my head again.
– It’s a Nirvana song.
– Sure, but it’s the version Thou recorded that’s stuck in my head.
– Our head.
– Right. OUR head.
– Always is. Nirvana is catchy shit, even when DOOMED the fuck out.
– Hell, especially when DOOMED the fuck out!
– Blackened DOOM, they call it. DOOM sludge. Muck metal. Motherfucking swamp grind!
– Yeah…you ever wonder what would have happened had we gone to Tulane?
– We’d be dead. Just like every other scenario that isn’t this one. You always think this is the darkest timeline, but really it’s the best one.
– What if we’re dead now? Maybe we didn’t beat the train.
– Now don’t start that again!
– Hahahaha! Jungle Book is awesome…
We were about to start a war with some hapless record store clerk because he was giving Us fuckin’ attitude. Fortunately, a sweet and soothing voice came forth from the ether like a punch in the dick and growled “LET IT GO.”
I am learning to heed the demands of the version of my Baby, Jenn, that lives inside my head, especially when “she” is reminding me that Our Crazy doesn’t have to be THAT fucking guy’s problem, and his bullshit certainly doesn’t have to be Our problem…despite what the Dark Crow Man may say… 😉
Now, We just have to deal with this teenaged kid outside Whole Foods whining like a little bitch about losing some dumb-ass hipster points game with his yuppie dad and Tasmanian devil little sister.